B Online is a young, dynamic and rapidly growing digital
service agency. Our passion for the online world and
dedication to our clients is what sets us apart from other
agencies. We are constantly looking for fresh, up-and-coming
talent to join our energetic and skilled team.
What we Look for:
At B Online you will be required to work in teams as
individually. No matter the work schedule we expect team
members to accept responsibility and exceed goals.
We look for people who do what they do because they love
it. after all thats the reason our clients love us.
As a growing company we look for people who are ready
to grow with us.
Core skills and experience required
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in backend technologies.
- A strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of RESTful web services and HTTP protocols.
- Experience with creating and analyzing SQL queries for relational databases.
- Experience developing for and supporting live web applications and services.
- Knowledge of Laravel or other frameworks (Zend, Rails, Spring).
- Experience with GitHub or other distributed version control systems.
- Practiced in the writing of unit tests with PHPUnit, Mockery, Codeception or other testing libraries.
- Understanding the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust solutions in collaboration with the other stakeholders.
- Supporting the customer from an operational perspective when escalated by the Client Services team.
Languages: PHP, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Technologies: Laravel, Docker
Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL
Technologies: Jenkins, Redis, Supervisor, Nginx, Vagrant
- Work collaboratively as part of an agile team to enhance and maintain our in-house and client platforms.
- Design, develop and integrate RESTful APIs for our web and mobile applications
- Continuously deliver features that meet acceptance criteria such as build quality, unit tests, logging, performance and security.
- Design and development of backend software and APIs.
- Object-oriented programming using a language like Ruby Software development within the Linux/Unix environment.
- Software development using a containerization platform like Docker or Kubernetes.
- Agile development practices (team focus, continual improvement, automated tests, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming).
- Write software with integrity and scalability in mind.
- Develop projects according to specification.
- Assist and contribute with stakeholders to create project specifications.
- Dev Ops with Linux with occasional maintenance of Nginx, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
Your ability to demonstrate your track record of writing quality backend software is what ultimately counts.
B Online is in search for a Full Stack developer. As any agency we work on 4 core products, comprising of mixture of company owned and client owned.
Full-stack development and strong knowledge and understanding of tech stack.
Maintaining the direction and focus to deliver on time.
Technologies: React, Laravel, Docker
Technologies: Jenkins, Gulp, Artisan, Supervisor, Nginx, Composer, NPM, Babel, Vagrant
Databases: MySql, Redis
Experience: 3+ Years.
Salary: R35 000 – R50 000 CTC (depending on experience)
B Online is a fast-growing digital agency. We are currently looking for a project manager who has a keen eye on design.
This is great opportunity to take on a key role in the company and develop yourself into a invaluable member of a growing company.
- Manage WordPress websites and design projects
- Define scopes with clients and assist with consulting on technical specs
- Build strong relationships with the clients + internal stakeholders
- Ensure projects are on time + in budget
- Work closely with internal departments heads on managing projects and deliverables
- Strong understanding of WordPress on a high-level
- Military-like organisational and time management skills
- Multitasking skills
- A natural team player with good interpersonal skills to deal with various personalities
- Problem solver
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive can-do attitude
- Highly efficient, organised, and detail orientated
- Professional manner and confident
- Pride in work and attention to detail
- Independent and self motivated
- Willingness to work the hours required to get the job done within a team
- Two to three years of experience in a digital agency environment, dealing with multiple complex projects simultaneously and client demands at once
- A good eye for design/UIX
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts such as SEO, Adwords & Social Media Marketing
Start Date: 1 September/ASAP
Remuneration: R25 000 p/m
If you think you’ve got what it takes to make a difference at B Online, please apply.