We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Johannesburg-based account manager to work on capturing and building our Johannesburg presence & customer base.
You should be someone who views business development as a career and not a job. You need to be passionate about everything digital, brands, strategy and memorable campaigns. The ideal candidate is a person who must have a sound working knowledge of everything related to the digital world.
– Administering all day-to-day activities.
– Establish and maintain a productive communication between the client and the agency.
– Coordinate and manage all agency services to the client.
– Write status reports for each account.
– Work with other departments to ascertain timetables, pursue estimate approval and follow the project through actual production and final presentation.
– Effective and accurate financial management of projects.
– Identify new opportunities within the client’s business by identifying opportunities to improve current practices, creative work and campaign performance.
– Delivering presentations.
– Attending meetings with clients.
– Maintaining good relationships with clients.
– Use your network of business contacts to identify new growth opportunities.
– Manage all jobs from inception to completion and invoicing.
– Acts as primary point of contact with the client.
– Anticipates client’s questions and have thought out answers and solutions.
– Shows passion for the brand and the client.
– Be highly motivated, numerate and articulate, both when speaking to clients, and writing documents.
– Relevant degree or diploma
– Minimum Three years relevant work experience
– Proven account management or other relevant experience
– Understanding of all key digital concepts
– Strong personal skills.
– Own transportation.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
– Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
– Time and people management.
– Excellent creative understanding and ability to judge creative outputs.
– Proven experience in a client-facing business development role.
– Experience in a digital agency.
– Knowledge of basic web design principles and content architecture best practice
– Knowledge of the requirements of clients with large, content heavy websites (e.g. publishers).
– Understanding of content strategy and production and how it fits into the digital marketing landscape.
– Responsible and able to self-management.
– Comfortable working in small teams or individually.
– Outgoing and capable of speaking with various business partners.
– Interest in the start-up space.
Remuneration will be a combination of Basic & Commission.
Benefits include company petrol.
To apply, please provide us with a carefully worded Cover Letter and CV (no longer than two page).